Electricians: Klein or Craftsman

I'm buying new tools, I've heard arguments for tool makers(sellers).

Which do you prefer and why?

Klein or Craftsman?

later,

tom

Reply to
The Real Tom

Klein for side cutters, and lineman pliers (called kleins)

Crimpers, I have T&B and a ratchet sets that I got from Jensen tools.

I have nut drivers made by both and a set from Jensen tools.

Wrenches, Craftsman and gear drive, (from Ace) and some sets from Harbor Freight.

Water pump pliers, both

Allen wrenches, Klein and who ever has the set I need at the time.

Screwdrivers, mostly Klein. Depends on what I do with them. I also have some from Harbor Freight.

I take the Harbor Freight stuff on the road. If I loose it no biggie. I have even traded for stuff I need on the job for the HF wrenches in the plastic pouch. I bought a set of HF wrenches just before a transformer job. The Craftsman

11/16 broke on the job. I am still using the HF set.

Do not waste your money on the insulated tools from Klein. The last sets we purchased were all recalled. Gloves and mats are better protection.

Tools are like women, you have to handle them to see if they fit you.

Reply to
SQLit

Knipex makes good tools, too.

Reply to