electricians snake

Is an electricians snake known by another name (no jokes please!)

I've looked on DIY.com and screwfix and a search doesn't throw anything up.

JJ

Reply to
JJ

Bob Eager

Is this something like your looking for?

Dave Jones

schplendid!

Many thanks,

Reply to
JJ

It's called his "part P".

(Sorry but you have to get them in when you can :-) )

Try draw tape.

have a metal band one also, but the nylon one seems to work a lot better.

There is a flexible springy piece that you can see at the front of the picture. This is pushed through the conduit first and finds its way through. Then there is a loop at the other end to which you can attach the cables.

I've just been using one of these to draw singles through plastic conduit and it works well.

Reply to
Andy Hall

If you mean the device for fishing cables through conduit, the correct name is a draw in tape. A mate of mine whose family business was W L Turner (Westminster) made the Westminster Draw in Tape.

I've got one, including the home made bit of bent conduit for storing it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I think that depends on what you are drawing through. I had an awful time with a nylon one in 75x50mm ducting. Just enough permenant curl in the nylon to prevent you being able to push it through as it just rolled up inside the duct. A flat steel one was no bother. Same if threading in a floor/ceiling void the steel will lie flat and be pushed through the nylon just curls up...

However I wouldn't use the steel one if there were cables already in place, it would slice the insulation very quickly if it got a bit tight anywhere.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Mmm... In that case I was pulling singles through 20 and 25mm conduit and it was certainly better than the tape for that. I agree though, in a larger duct it could curl....

Reply to
Andy Hall

The times I've used 20mm conduit I've simply bundled up the required singles and shoved 'em through as one but then I had access corners at each change of direction and the longest run was only four feet or so.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Christian.

Reply to