Brass vs Steel Hinges (For Internal Doors) Feedback

I'm in the process of building a house in the country and am going with that "rustic" hardware throughout the house. Has anyone have any feedback on going with steel door hinges (oil rubbed bronze) vs. the brass door hinges (oil rubbed bronze) for all the internal doors? The steel hinges are substantially cheaper but I'm looking for any problems down the road.

Thanks.

Chris

Reply to
zyft02

Rust.

Reply to
Art

Hi, Rusty, squeaky come to mind, LOL. Think, why would they be cheaper? All doors in my house, condo downtown, cabin in the woods have 3 brass hinges with screws in every mounting hole. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Reply to
RicodJour