Electrical Safety Tip (of the day)

7-9-07 (A day in someone's life) and a damn Monday !

Never, ever plug a female plug into a male. This is very dangerous because a female does not have the tools required to plug a male. However, plugging a male into a female is perfectly safe and normal. Anyone trying to plug two males together is gay and should get electricuted doing it. If two female plugs are shoved into each other, please contact Rosie O'Donnel for further instructions, and you might end up on her show.

This message brought to you by TOD (Tip Of the Day) An affilaite of Ebay where we all know the Shipping and Handling will knock your sox off, thus making your shower more wet and your feet more sexy.

Reply to
TOD

I worked part-time at a hardware store when I was in high school. One day a lady came in and said she wanted an electrical plug...

I asked her if she wanted a male plug or a female plug.

She asked what was the difference.

I blushed and said I would show her. I held up a male plug and said this is a male. Then I held up a female plug and said this is a female plug.

She said; Oh I get it! (Then she blushed....)

Reply to
Bill

Unless otherwise specified... Plugs (as the word itself suggests) are male. Receptacles, or outlets, are female.

Yes, there are female plugs and male receptacles, but there was little chance that your customer wanted those, or that your hardware store carried them.

Reply to
Toller

or sockets or jacks

What are those? It seems downright impossible, or gay.

Reply to
mm

There's always some JACKoff wanting to SOCKET to me !!!!.

Reply to
tee-hee-hee

How many people would identify a standard extension cord as having or needing one plug and one outlet? Male and female plugs would be pretty normal communication. Rod

Reply to
Rod & Betty Jo

I would say one plug cap and one receptacle.

Reply to
gfretwell

That reminds me of one day this man kept singing about "prong breath", and then explained what "prong" means.

Reply to
Sam E

I have never heard anyone say "female plug" unless they meant something that plugs into a female.

Toller hasn't explained yet what he meant by female plug and until he does, I'll figure there are none.

Reply to
mm

Interesting.....since I thought male/female plugs were pretty common terminology, at the listed links they do as well, nor in my brief search did I find anything contrary except in a radio shack 9 ft extension cord catalog item they refered to the cord as having one outlet at each end...I found that really confusing

Reply to
Rod & Betty Jo

I cehcked this one and only found two uses of plug* , both proper, "plugged into"

I looked ut these two, and I don't think the writers know what they're talking about, and should be expected to.** They should be talking about male and female *ends*. That's the word that has been used in the past to refer to both plugs and outlets on cords.

There are lots of words that people misuse. Currently, "irony" is often used where there is perhaps a coincidence but no irony. "Obviously" is used where something is not obvious at al, and where "famously" or something else is meant.

"Epitome" is almost always misused. It doent's mean apex, zenith, acme, it means a most typical example, which is something very different.

A bunch more that I can't think of right now.

**Two users of female plug:

Most hardware stores will have a heavy duty male and female replacement plug you can use for your cord. Follow the instructions on how to add the new male and female plugs to your cord. While you will end up with shorter cords, you will have a safer cord for your use.

Samuel J. Tamkin is a Chicago-based real estate attorney. Ilyce R. Glink?s latest book is 50 Simple Steps You Can Take To Sell Your Home Faster and For More Money In Any Market.

==> See the authors are a real estate attorney and a someone who sells houses. They don't know anything.

"Tool Girl - Mag Ruffman"

===> She's a girl, for gosh sakes. She doesn't know anything.

Buy a replacement plug (either male or female, depending on which end of the cord you're repairing) that's rated to match the amperage of your extension cord. (If in doubt, cut off the plug and take it with you to the hardware store).

Reply to
mm