electric shaver

I'd like to change the batteries of an old Remington model 5BF1 electric shaver that I have but I can't find any instructions on how to go about it. No problem getting the batteries, but I don't want to pry around the case without some idea of what I'm doing. Can anybody give me instructions on how to get the case open?
TR

it.
how
Tom,
I got 55 hits with this link. I only looked at the first few.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Remington+%2B+5BF1&btnG=Google+Search
Could not find any where manual or opening case added any links.
I would guess that in the absence of a visible screw or opening point that you are looking for a small slot that a dime would fit in to pop the case open.
Best wishes
Colbyt

it.
how
If that is the design I am thinking of there is a little metal plate on the bottom that pops off. There are two springs on each side at the top, that can be pried off. The shell then comes apart.

case
the
Thanks.
TR
Look for cracks in the plastic, and pry gently on the cracks. Feel the stickers, sometimes a sticker will cover a screw head.
http://www.abtecparts.com/parts_enquiry.htm http://www.batterybarn.com/shaver6.htm
Look for email link and ask?
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

So you just prize it up with a screwdriver head in the slots? Or is there a special tool?
TR

Yes, just pry. It just snaps into place. The little springs on top are a little more difficult to get off but just pry them off too. You can take them off first if you want and you will see how the plate is just snapped in.