Electric dryer noise

I have 13 year old Magic Chef (Maytag) eletric dryer that makes a lot of noise (like galloping) as it drys. I opened it up, cleaned everything and replace the plastic bearing strips at the front. The bearing wheels at the back appear ok as do the felt strips at both the front and back. I did not replace the dryer belt at this time(but I did buy one), it appeared okay. Can anyone give me some guidance as to what's wrong? I took out the fan blower wheel which was a bit loose on the motor shaft, and cleaned it also. The dryer blows air okay so I guess that's the way it should be. TIA, Art.

"Appear" Ok or have no play *at all* on their shafts??

Probaly not the cause.

It shouldn't be "loose" at all, did you replace it? It may have a worn center hub (common on that dryer design) which could allow it to move on the shaft or be unbalanced and account for noise.
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Magic+Chef+dryer
=~~~~~~
Dan O. wrote:

which goes on after the dryer's switched off.

Hi,
Double check that fan blower, a common trouble maker is the fan blower rounding out and "freewheeling" on the motor shaft = funky noises.
No model# posted, but a common MC fan blower: http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N'83 Blower wheel, 3-1/8" deep, 7-1/2" fin diameter, 6-3/4" hub diameter, 20 standard fins, " diameter motor shaft, 7/16" motor shaft diameter to flat side of shaft.