Electric dryer leave marks on clothes

Our 20 year+ Kenmore large capacity electric dryer is leaving marks on light clothing. I think I have it narrowed down to the area where the drum and the seal on the rear of the drum come together. The marks, which appear to be rust and come out in a subsequent wash, are located on the rear bulkhead adjacent to the seal.

I have replaced the drive belt around the drum, but have not replaced the ring bearing (seal around front of drum) nor the rear drum seal. Before I attempt to order parts, I want to know if anyone else has had similar marks appearing on clothes and whether you can attribute them to worn seals or something else.

Thanks.

Reply to
Keith Tyo

Yes, we had a gas Kenmore that did exactly that. Seems the felt seal compresses after so many years and leaves a gap that the clothes can get caught in and rub as they tumble. After we replaced the rear seal, the rusty red marks stopped. We replaced all the seals and bearings, you might as well change the support roller wheels too. That was over five years ago, its still running.

Reply to
Grandpa

Grandpa:

Thanks for the advice. Will replace the seals and bearings.

Keith Tyo

Reply to
Keith Tyo