DVD MENU

Hi, I have a GO VIDEO "VR4940" I do not have the remote control. It is set on channel 2 I need it to be reset to channel 3 Is there anyway to set it without the remote. I was told I need to get to the menu, but don't know how? No flip door except for the s video and game RCA jacks? If anyone can help me or give me a site to help me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You -William (from Carolina Beach NC)
William Hufham wrote:

Did you try an Internet search for replacement remote controls?
http://www.replacementremotes.com /
http://www.newremotecontrol.com /
http://remotes.com /
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

I vote for www.remotes.com. They are very good. Bailed me out few times with new remote.
Tony Hwang wrote:

They have a toll free number for their service too.
TDD
William Hufham wrote:

If you tell us what you are trying to do. You have other ways to do it.

Hummm.... Seems he did tell us..... "It is set on channel 2 I need it to be reset to channel 3 Is there anyway to set it without the remote".
On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:52:55 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (William Hufham) wrote:

On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 10:52:55 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (William Hufham) wrote:

A DVD player doesn't have channels. Could you mean a DVD RECORDER?

There's universal (not learning) remote controls. They should work with GO VIDEO.
Sam E wrote:

other input jacks or something.
-- aem sends...

I didn't know that ANY DVD players had that (low quality) RF output. I've never seen one.
Yes it is a recorder. Of course I thought to buy a remote, but they are too expensive ($60.00) for what I need to do. I just want to record a couple of shows on vhs but the tv is scrambled on channel 2. The DVD side will not recognize the DVD's so I don't want to spend alot of money on it. It's a piece of junk! but if I could get it to channel 3 I could record a VHS once in a while for my friend. Thank You -William (from Carolia Beach NC) ps. this is a rv4940 and nothing on ebay at all!
On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 14:14:34 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (William Hufham) wrote:

Those manufacturer's remotes often are expensive. You could probably use an under-$10 universal remote from Wal-Mart.

Mark Lloyd
Again... This is a new (2 years old) 42" RCA HD TV