drywall fastener...

Hello,
I am wondering if the following exists. I need a fastener that can fit (gently hammered) into a drilled whole in drywall (like an anchor), can be secured to the drywall with sharp points (I envision these "points" circling the top of the fastener and bending back over the fastener so that they grip the drywall when it is gently hammered into the hole), and then the fastener itself will except a threaded bolt.
I am hanging a railing and one of the points where the railing will be secured is restricted by the fact that there is a pocket door behind the drywall. I have a bolt that has been sheared so that it will not interfere with the pocket door, but I need to be able to fasten it so that it is relatively strong and secure.
Does this type of fastener exist?
I am trying to use a matching bolt, so that is why I have not utilized an anchor. I can't seem to find one large enough to fit the diameter of the bolt.
Thanks
[...]

Is this railing a handrail or something that should keep people from falling? If so, you really should look for a way to mount directly into the studs. Drywall, although it holds pictures well, isn't going to keep a handrail in place or keep someone from falling if they put their weight on it.

No. You will have to open the wall-pocket up and put in some sort of re-enforcement. A railing that's only attached to the drywall is worse than useless.
It doesn't matter how good the anchor is, because the wall itself won't take any reasonable load.
--Goedjn

A short molly anchor might work
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

..
Does that not set off some kind of alarm? A railing supported by drywall?
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

You're kidding right? Even if the railing hit a 'stud' on a wall that surrounds a pocket door that is NFG. If the railing is bolted to the floor right near the wall it *may* be OK bolted to a rosette that is attached to a 'stud'.

How about cutting the drywall out from stud to stud and adding a piece of plywood for the bracket to anchor to? Another layer of ply could be laminated before installation,,this would give 1"(assuming 1/2" drywall)of wood for the screws to grip..Make the plywood a square not a strip and hope the small pocket door studs are tough enough to keep it all rigid.. What happens if You just move the rail to the opposite side and forget trying to mount it with tricks? Dean

Hello again,
I appreciate the advice and the concerns raised. The railing is very short, more decorative than anything, and secured at one point (there are only two screw locations along the railing) with a lag bolt deep into a stud. It is very secure even just using an anchor/screw at the one end of the railing, but I wanted to use the matching hardware (bolt), so that is the reason for my question about a special fastener.
Thanks,
Mike

If the railing isn't going to be used, then you shouldn't put one there at all. If you're going to put it there, you should mount it properly. You, or course, will do waht you want, but mounting it a one end and only pretending to attach the other creates a hazard. Don't be telling us in three months that you weren't warned.