dryer vent install

Good Friday - I am running a dryer vent through as a outside wall in the laundry room. Is there a trick to cutting the inside and outside 4 inch holes so they line up? The studs are 2x6 inch. The outside wall placement is an area that is hard to reach from a ladder, so I don't have easy access for a lot of outside measuring. Thank you
You could possibly put an extra long pilot bit on your hole saw.

Locate the studs, plumbing (don't forget vents!) and electrical lines first, pick the more critical side and use a 12" bit to drill through the wall, then use your hole saw or recip to cut the holes from both sides.

Good advice. Also remember it is a good practice to have a slight downward slope to the outside for horizontal runs of venting. Tends to keep casual condensation or other moisture outdoors where it belongs, so they say.
Joe

Agree; downward. Never problem with our clothes dryer outlet, but our bathroom exhaust fan pipe sloped 'up' (somebody, maybe from a warm climate, recommended that way) so we had condensation in the pipe due to cold air in the attic and some slight amount of condensation did leak back and dripped onto one ceiling. The stain is still there! BTW. Insurance requirement here, now, is that the dryer hose not be plastic. So we replaced ours with flex aluminum. Connected to metal through to outside wall fitting.
RicodJour wrote:

Hi, If long bit and proper size hole saw can be rented from HD.

The long bit is just to penetrate the two sides of the wall - any size bit will work - and a 12" twist bit is cheap enough. If the OP doesn't want to use hole saw he could use a jig saw, reciprocating saw, or just drill lots of little holes around the perimeter of the hole.

Just put pic of Hilary where you want hole. Fist should be about 4". Someone will oblige.
Red Green wrote:

But what if McCain announces a cabinet position for Hillary? (It's traditional for ONE cabinet position to be filled by a member of the out party.) Maybe Secretary of the Battle Monuments Commission, or Postmaster General.
The Democrats would be so mad, they'd stab each other. Survivors would put bones in their noses. They'd be frying rats and eating bugs and eating rats and frying bugs.

This is the one who deserves the fist, not Hillary.

A pic of Obama would yield a hole stuffed with crooked money any place in Chicago.
Joe
All done, thanks everyone!