dryer

I have a dryer that keeps emitting a high-pitched squeaking noise every few seconds.
I'm not sure why.
Any ideas what is causing this and how to fix it?
snipped-for-privacy@coolgroups.com wrote:

"The squeaking wheel gets the grease"
Bearing going bad on the belt tensioner, if you ask a question like this, the repair is way out of your league unless you are super handy and have a box full of tools. How old is the dryer?
snipped-for-privacy@coolgroups.com wrote:

My dryer makes a high pitched sound when the lint trap is dirty

On 10 Dec 2006 16:12:30 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@coolgroups.com wrote:

Belt?
Animal stuck?
later,
tom @ www.NoCostAds.com
On 10 Dec 2006 16:12:30 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@coolgroups.com wrote:

UNPLUG IT BEFORE YOU START! Maytags have a pair of rollers in the back that carry the drum. The bearings dry out and squeek. You get to them from the front by removing the front cover and manifold. You will usually find enough loose change to make it worth the trip. Make sure you make a picture of the belt routing if you are pulling the drum out. I wrote it on the base with a sharpie marker. Replacing the rollers is the loing term fix since these are oil impregnated bearings but a good coat of bearing grease will last for awhile. Simply oiling them will not last very long, maybe a year
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

. Depends on the make/model. Type of bearings? Is the drum or the fan that's squeaking? Had one Kenmore where the drum belt tension pulley squeaked incessantly no matter how much oiled! Reached by lying on the concrete floor and reaching in with an oiler! Finally ran a small tube down to the pulley and lubed frequently; after a while didn't dry out cos enough lube on it. Didn't squeak then for over three years. Your mileage may vary depending on the machine!