Dry wall anchors for metal studs

What kind of drywall anchors should I use with metal studs?
Thanks!

Depends on what you're hanging. If it's not too great of a load I use toggle bolts or Molly anchors.

It's a wood plaque that weighs about 3 lbs.

If it's that small, I'd use those little plastic inserts.
Drill a slightly undersized hole in the drywall, push them in & use a small screw.
Or alternatively use picture hooks.
For really heavy loads, self-drilling / self-taping sheet metal screws into the steel studs provide a very strong connection.
cheers Bob
On 9/30/2008 9:41 AM BobK207 spake thus:

There's something even better.
One of my customers had me hang a mirror with some hooks she got, I think, at Home Despot: they were called something like "Super Hooks", "Mega Hooks" or some such. They're hardened steel hooks that you basically just jam the sharp end of into the wall and push in. The shape of the hook holds it securely. (They only work on drywall, not lath and plaster walls.) They're about 6" long, but only a small hook protrudes from the wall after installation.
I haven't been able to find these hooks anywhere. Anyone else ever seen them or know where to get them?

They're advertised all over the tube - I think by that Billy May's mouthpiece. I don't know the exact name - Magic Hooks?

Hercules Hooks!
http://www.asseenontvguys.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=186
Jerry

Hercules Hooks!
http://www.asseenontvguys.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID 6
Jerry
Lee Valley has the same thing - called "Monkey Hooks" see here - http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/page.aspx?c=1&pR367&cat=3,40914,50630
RicodJour wrote:

*My mother got a bunch of those hooks from somewhere. I was very impressed with their holding power and ease of installation. They also make minimal damage to the wall.

If it's that small, I'd use those little plastic inserts.
Drill a slightly undersized hole in the drywall, push them in & use a small screw.
Or alternatively use picture hooks.
For really heavy loads, self-drilling / self-taping sheet metal screws into the steel studs provide a very strong connection.
What is the tape for?
PanHandler wrote:

want to hang up. Unless wall or item is greasy, will easily hold several pounds. And because the velcro pulls apart, you can keep trying till you get it exactly straight on the wall. If the paint is sem-gloss or shinier, you can usually pull it off without any visible damage. I use it a lot at work, on the 80 year old hard plaster over brick walls that we are not allowed to molest with holes.
-- aem sends...

I should have asked what kind of self taping screws.
PanHandler wrote:

brain corrects typos without even seeing them. I thought y'all were asking about my earlier post touting Velcro.
-- aem sends...
aemeijers wrote:

sometimes runs the comment and the previous post together. I didn't realize the 'what is the tape for' was from a different poster. -- aem sends...

You don't even have to hit the metal studs with something that light. You can use a plastic anchor right into the drywall. I like the ones that have a trident shaped point and drill into the drywall, then the screw is screwed into the plastic drill-in anchor (don't hit studs with these). There are plenty of people that would simply use a nail driven at an incline into the drywall and call it good. Whether you should do that or not would depend on the value of what you were hanging.
crabshell wrote:

--
aem sends...

crabshell wrote:

A simple finishing nail driven into the drywall ought to hold three pounds.

Senor, that link...I do not think she goes where you think she goes.