dripping bathroom faucet: fix or replace?

The faucet in my bathroom sink is one of the ones with a single handle that lifts up to turn on, swings right for cold and left for hot.
It started dripping a couple of days ago.
Is there likely to be any kind of service-able part in there that I can fix this? Or do I just buy a new faucet and replace it?
The faucet was here when I bought the house, so I'm not sure what brand it is. I have seen the logo before, though: it is a circle that is half red and half blue. It seems to be a reasonable quality faucet (other than the dripping).
Any help or suggestions appreciated.
If the answer is replacement, I do know how to do that. If the answer is take the faucet apart and fix it, I am going to be pretty clueless and would appreciate any relevant info you might have.
alath wrote:

http://www.moen.com/index.cfm
If the finish still looks good, definitely repair it.
The co. might even give you the parts!
Jim

Yes it can be repaired, there is a ball or a disk assembly inside that can be replaced. You'll need to identify the manufacturer to get the right parts. Moen has a red and blue logo but it lookd more like two water drops vs. a circle.
Eric9822 wrote:

actually my new Moen kitchen faucet's logo does look an awful lot like he describes, they've changed it somewhat and also made it smaller.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

That's a Moen faucet. If you still like the looks, don't replace it. Go to www.moen.com, pick a similar looking model, and download the owner's manual to learn how to disassemble the handle and get to the parts you need to replace. Now, check the web site again to get the name of a local dealer OTHER THAN HOME DEPOT. Take the parts to that dealer for replacement. It will not be expensive.

Sounds like the Moen logo. The insides are guaranteed for life or you can get a new cartridge for about $10 or less. The brass and plastic ones work just as well so go with cheap of you have a choice.
Instructions should be on the web page as well as on the package. Not a very difficult job at all. http://www.moen.com/buymoen/buyparts/find.cfm
Additional info should have mentioned - it is dripping from the outlet, where water is supposed to come out when the faucet is on.
Also, it is not obvious how to take the faucet apart - there are no obvious screws or collars or what have you. Suggestions?

You learn nothing by acting helpless. Go to www.moen.com, or what might be the more direct page, http://www.moen.com/buymoen/buyparts/find.cfm , provided by that nice Mr. Pawlowski, and read an online manual for a faucet that looks similar to yours. The solution might not be obvious, but it's always best to learn by reading and doing.

I think we had some kind of time delay there. At the time I posted my "additional information" post, I could not see all the helpful responses that other people had posted - they weren't showing up on my browser yet. I put up the second post just to be providing complete information.

Call Moen and tell them you need help figuring out which part(s) you need. They'll probably send the parts for free. That's what happened to me.

Are you high? Call a plumber and get it over with.

Lift up the handle and let the water run. Then turn off the water valve. Either under the sink or else you have to turn off the main water valve. Then do the repair kit.