dog crap makes lawn green

Page 2 of 2
I have a few spots on my lawn that are about 7 inchs in diameter that are darker green and thicker growth than the rest of the lawn. Most likely, it's from deer droppings, as I've seen that on the lawn before. As a test, I put down some extra Urea, which is pure nitrogen in a few test spots to see if it would make it as green as the manure. I didn't, in fact the spots that received the extra nitrogen were undistinguishable from the rest of the lawn that I applied uniform regular coverage to. But the few spots from the apparent manure were still distinctly darker green.
So, apparently there are other wonders to manure that chemical fertilizers don't have.

Milorganite.com says it is iron in their product.
-- If I had something to say, this is where I'd say it.
That's the kind of experiment I wish I had the energy and gumption to do. Congratulations, really.

Its people crap.

If you have elephants around. That is only available when Ringling Brothers is in town.
-- If I had something to say, this is where I'd say it.
Thanks for saving me the embarrassment of signing up for "American Inventor" only to find out that Milwaukee had a leg up on the idea, so to speak.

You should be able to get sludge from your local sewage treatment plant, although probably not in less than truck load quantities.
-- If I had something witty to say, this is where I'd say it.
Dog doo will make your grass green but... if you step on it it will make your carpets brown. (I saw this fact, in a Chinese fortune cookie.)
AKA Gray Asphalt wrote:

I don't quote the ngs much, but the guy who said "Soylent Brown, it's poople." got quoted. L, but not out loud.