Does your electrician have OCD?

Page 2 of 2

+1
bob_villain wrote: "1st, it's known as an acronym...if you can't tell by the picture or using a search for the term...you are too stupid to be on the internet! "
Instead of being mean, you could just tell the guy: (O)bsessive (C)ompulsive (D)isorder.
That said, has anyone here checked out the wiring on Philippine utlity poles?? Not saying anything about the people there, heck, they'd stop to help a perfect stranger with changing a tire. But some of those wiring rat's nests scream 'imminent risk of shock or fire'!
On 03/27/2016 12:18 PM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Found this
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i 3_1363082149
OTOH: Here is what the US (and other) looked like at one time
http://io9.gizmodo.com/photos-from-the-days-when-thousands-of-cables-crowded-t-1629961917

Same in India. The box on the wall in some businesses is scary too.
On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 10:18:22 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Thank You and Happy Easter !!!!
On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 10:10:45 -0700 (PDT), bob_villain

If I went to every weblink posted on here, I'd have to be on the internet 24 hours a day. On dialup, it can take as much as 20 minutes to load many of these bloated sites these days. Thats the reason I use newsgroups.....
On Mon, 28 Mar 2016 02:33:13 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Can't you set your browser to text only? That is why web authoring programs require that all graphics are identified with a text description. I do run AOL 7 instead of 9 for my Email because it does not load that pile of pictures and flash on every page when I am stuck somewhere without WiFi. The browser embedded in there is IE6 that will run graphic free.
On Mon, 28 Mar 2016 08:27:18 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Yes, I can do that, and often do. It helps, but it's not the pictures that slow things down as much as all the scripts, and CSS crap. I have scripts disabled, but much of that stuff still runs, or pages simply will not load without scripts. Most of these sites where people can post photos, are the worst. (Photobucket and similar). They just wont work without scripts.....
Going back 10 years or more, almost all webpages which were simply text and video would load fairly well, and within a few minutes or less, in dialup. That is no longer the case! Even at a high speed WIFI some of those sites stumble or dont render well, so I dont even bother with them. The programmers of some sites should find a new career, such as digging ditches or collecting garbage.
On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 2:34:29 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

A search, on your own, would not involve going to every link posted here...poor excuse dude (may I say dude?)!
Here's what you get for "OCD" Google adds "definition" on drop-down: http://tinyurl.com/hx9hb2l
On Monday, March 28, 2016 at 3:34:29 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Really...you can't follow links in threads that you are interested in, yet you can post links to fake wrenches with hearts in the middle.
Either quit bitching about your "dial-up" issues or stop looking at stupid images of fake wrenches.
In the time (dial-up time) you spent starting that waste of a thread (A wrench for Heart Surgeons) you could have looked up OCD and not had to complain about "more initials" that you don't understand.
DerbyDad03 posted for all of us...

Thanks again for jumping on this clown.
--
Tekkie

snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo posted for all of us...

Well, start using your brain.
--
Tekkie

bob_villain posted for all of us...

I was hoping no one would answer this asshat. He is a maroon.
--
Tekkie

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 1:04:38 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Where do you get your stats from?
I'd bet my left nut that way more than half us know what OCD stands for.
(If you don't know what "stats" is short for, look it up. If you don't know what "nut" is a substitute word for, look it up.)

That's my kind of electrician! Nice work.

Wow.
I have CDO.
It's like OCD, but in alphabetical order, like it should be.
On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 8:01:48 AM UTC-5, philo wrote:

Could you give a brief description of links that you post ?
That way folks have an idea if it's worth clicking on.
Andy

Pretty obvious, isn't it? Subject says " Does your electrician have OCD?
Link says " https://www.dropbox.com/s/u0jf8utjiaxfq30/wires66067_n.jpg?dl=0 "
That .jpg extension should be a dead give away that it's a picture of an OCD electrician.
I don't know how much more brief one could be, do you?
On 3/27/2016 11:39 PM, Andy wrote:

He's probably got a virus, and his computer is sending malware links.
--
.
Christopher A. Young