Does anyone still use foil backed drywall???

and in what situations would one use this material?
Thanks...
Rick
it can also prevent space aliens from beaming their thoughts to us...

What an idiot. Aliens arent beaming thoughts to us. The CIA is reading our minds.
My house, built 31 years ago and not prefab, has all exterior drywall with the foil backing. This probably adds to the problems of using cell phones in the house (almost impossible) and also cordless phones outside (with the base inside, of course).
Gary Tait wrote:

The foil backing is a radiant barrier probably. To block radiant heat from entering the living space. There is an industry selling plastic coated foil for areas like the attic.