Does Anybody Have this Sears Retractable Work Light?

Day before yesterday I bought this Sears retractable work light http://tinyurl.com/5wm4e . It is too easy to pull the wire out of the reel. That is, the retracting spring in the reel is not wound tight enough. I hang it from the ceiling and it will not retract by itself. I have to lift the light to get it to retract and about half the time it won't retract even with me lifting it. It stops retracting and the cord bunches up like a wet noodle. This is not because it's jamming in the reel, it's because there is almost no tension pulling on the wire.
Does anybody have one of these? Does it retract on it's own? I'm trying to figure out whether to return it or exchange it. For reasons too involved to explain, it is difficult to hang the thing where I hang it, so I don't want to go to the trouble of hanging another just to find out it's a defect in all these units.
jim
Hi,
I've had an identical one for about 5 years, and it retracts fine. I do apply car wax to it once in a while, but I drag it around on the garage floor more than I should, and the floor really gets dirty - we live on a dirt rd. The wax helps a lot.
I'd prob take it back, and if possible, pull on one or two on the shelf before bringing another one home. But I def. have no complaints with ours.
Hope that's of some help.
God bless,
Dave Harnish Dave's Repair Service New Albany, PA www.DavesRepair.com snipped-for-privacy@sosbbs.com 570-363-2404
Free home appliance tips from a 32-year pro repair technician! Get your monthly email newsletter here: (Back issues now posted too!) www.DavesRepair.com
John 3:3

It definitely is. I'll exchange it. Thanks.
jim