Do I need a carbon monoxide detector with baseboard heat?

I have natural gas 3 zone heating, with hot water forced throughout baseboards in the house. I just bought a carbon monoxide detector, but it occurred to me that CO may not be an issue with the baseboards. Do I need a CO detector with baseboard heat?
-Thanks

the boiler could develop a problem and flood your home with that killer gas, or a clogged chimeney on a hot water heater, or a car carelessely left running in a attached garage.....
its a excellent detector to have..........

The issue isn't the radiators, it's the boiler. Modern gas boilers and furnaces are very safe, but in the event of something as simple as a flue pipe coming loose, deadly colorless, odorless gas may be released into the house

somebody wrote:

You need a CO detector if you have any combustion appliances in the building, be it a combustion fueled boiler, furnace, fireplace, clothes dryer, water heater, etc.

I don't know. Is your life and peace of mind worth a couple of $25 CO detectors? Buy the digitals, as they give a constant reading, and don't just go off after you pass out.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

I'm not familiar with the digital CO monitors but I don't understand how precision implies accuracy.
Boden

There are two kinds of CO detectors. One goes off when the threshold limit is reached. The other also goes off there, but has a digital readout so you can see what the actual level is. Say the level is 400. Wouldn't you like to know that the level got to 395 in your sleep last evening instead of assuming that all is well because it didn't go off? The digital readout can alert you to problems, and just gives ME a sense of being aware of problems before they become issues.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

Wrong, all the current models operate on a time weighted alarm threshold, regardless of whether they provide a digital display. Near instant alarm at very high levels, alarm in a short while at modest levels alarm in a long while of low level, etc.

Do whatever you like, Pete. The gene pool can always use some thinning.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

RTFM
wrote Re Re: Do I need a carbon monoxide detector with baseboard heat?:

Good advice.
And don't forget to look at the readings whenever you pass the detector. That will alert you to potential problems before they get severe. Oh, and don't forget smoke detectors and have you basement checked for radon yearly. Also check for mold and excessive dust buildup in air ducts and make sure that infrequently used water drain traps are kept filled with water (if the water evaporates deadly sewer gases can get in the house).
Or, you can just pop a beer, light up a smoke, eat a steak and sit back and enjoy your life.

If they're not electric then yes you do, but you only need it where exhaust from the furnace can reach.

That is most of the house. You don't want to have it only in your furnace or boiler room and not be able to hear it in the bedroom. It is good to have one near where you sleep also.