Do I need $6,000 water softener for 12 to 14 grains of calcium in well water?

Page 5 of 5
On Sat, 19 May 2012 10:12:54 -0400, h wrote:

Interesting. I wonder which works better since you had both?

Ah!
Interesting. The salesman didn't mention the noise!
On Sat, 19 May 2012 08:16:41 -0700, Oren wrote:

So it looks like it's Fleck vs Kinetico on the DIY front. ..
Arklin K. wrote:
[blah-blah-blah]
The answer to your question is no.
If you don't spend $6,000 on a water softener, then you don't really care about your family.
The only advantages I see to an expensive Kinetico are that you'll have soft water 24 hours a day, as opposed to 22 hours a day with other softeners, and the thing will work even during electrical blackouts.
Get the 2nd cheapest type of conventional softer sold by Home Depot, Sears, or Lowe's, about $400-600, which will be a demand regulated, timer delayed model. The very cheapest type of softeners don't have demand regulation.