Dishwasher Dispenser problem

Maytag Dishwasher model MDB7749.
Pretty sure the problem is with the control board, but just want to double check before I order a new one.
The DW immediately opens the detergent door on startup of any cycle. Pulle d off front panel to view wax motor, and DW is energizing it immediately an d not removing power until after the cycle and the door is opened. Even af ter cleaning cycle is completed, power remains to the wax motor. Does not de-energize and re-energize to dispense rinse aid. Of course, the next cycl e, the cam shifts and the DW is dispensing rinse aid. Ran diagnostic cycle and get error code 10-1 which - surprise - is Dispenser electrical problem .
Can it be anything other than the control board?
snipped-for-privacy@tscpublishing.com wrote:

I don't use dispenser. I just throw in a pillow type detergent in the tub and start washing. Our DW is Bosch. Works just fine.