Discourage Cat Unrination??

Page 2 of 2
Closing the door is step 1. My cat was doing this on a stair landing (she's diabetic and has some control problems) and besides cleaning with the enzymatic cleaners mentioned here, I covered the landing with a ScatMat which delivers a low-voltage (9v) shock when stepped on. It doesn't hurt but sure kept her off of the steps.
In addition, some retraining might be in order. I carried her to the litter box after each meal and now she goes immediately after eating and pees right away.
You can find the Scat Mats on eBay.
Sam wrote:

The cat is returning to the SCENT .. Close the door.. eliminate the scent it left. That will probably cost you a rug and anything else fabric that it hit. But if it smells to the cat like its "spot" it'll be back.. Consider a door closer..
Not exactly. A cat doesn't return to to scent unless it knows there are others around, that are competitive. A cat, indoors without scenting by others (esp. female) will NOT perform this behaviour.
If it's an indoor cat, keep others away, using humane methods.
I suspect a "powerplay", though - and this is a popular cat-tactic, when they feel like they are powerless. Try some empowering of the cat without diminishing yours. There are many web-resources available for this.

do to

that
has

Put the cat in the oven for 1 hour at 450. Season to taste...