OT. Uses for cat litter pails?

The subject pretty much covers the question. Does any one know of any uses for the 35# cat litter pails? They are a cube about 1 foot on a side I already use some for cut offs(obligatory wood ref) and de-icing salt, garden tools and the like any one have other uses they can share? Thanks for any help. Larry

Reply to
larry in cinci

  1. Places like Pet Smart (?) let bring your own container to purchase litter and you get to pay a little less. Share these with friends who have cats and change to a pet store that lets you bring your own container.
  2. Set them aside to dry paint and varnish you no longer want. Do this a few times and take the container to the dump.
  3. Cut bottoms off and place around new plants. Cover tops with plastic if expecting frost/freeze overnight.
  4. Clean 'em up and take to local elementary school. They are always looking for containers for one use or another.
  5. Drill a few holes in the bottom and use them for container gardening.
  6. Drill a few holes in the bottom and build rough cedar planters around them. Nice to lift out a plant that has gone by and replace with some other plant you have been nursing along.
  7. See if your dump has a "too good to throw away" location and drop them off there. Bet someone will pick them up in a few seconds. If your dump doesn't have a "too good to throw away" location get them moving towards making one.

HTH, Josie

Reply to
firstjois

Cocktail glasses. j4

Reply to
jo4hn

Put a cushion in it and let the cat sleep in it. Be sure to put the lid on! ;)

Reply to
Gerald Ross

Reply to
Wilson Lamb

Party hats.

Reply to
mp

Carry my fishing tackle down to the boat in them. Handy for carrying fish back up from the boat (but not too often with my luck at fishing). I gather the tools I'll need for a particular job, put them in the bucket and carry it to the job. Tom.

Reply to
Tom

Hi, I store bird feed in them, better then the bags.

Tony

Reply to
Tony

I refill them with the used cat litter, before taking them to the dump. Probably no suprise that I always need more to take it out than I needed to bring it in. Some folks say cats are full of crap. The ones that live here cannot be...judging from their output! *smile*. Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

Need storage for hardware and stuff?

Fasten them together in rows and put them on the wall with wood screws holding the bottoms to a wall.. great for sorting hardware, etc...

I did one for my kid out of those small plastic milk crates..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Shoot, that might be a good idea in the laundry for socks!

Josie

Reply to
firstjois

I use a cat litter pan I found along the road to hold little-used tools. It and tools are in a filing cabinet a neighbor set out on the curb with a free sign. So I took it. Happy Spring. Joe

mac davis wrote:

Reply to
Joe_Stein

Replacements for the 25 & 50 lb cardboard boxes nails come in: when the box gives out, dump the nails into a pail (works with screws, too). I always keep a few handy.

Dan

Reply to
d.kessell