Dimmable CFL

Page 3 of 3
ransley wrote:

I have done enough CFL dimming to know that indoor ones used indoors do not change color much from dimming. I have seen some get slightly warmer or slightly cooler in color from change in current and change in temperature, but that's it.
One complaint of dimming fluorescents is lack of the color getting warmer as the lamps are dimmed. The lighting can take on a "dreary gray" appearance with severe dimming as a result.
Tony Hwang wrote:

I expect you got a dud. The dimmable CFL I experimented with seemed to work fine. It also performed a lot better after a day of full on burn in period which I presume helped get all the mercury vaporized and the phosphors settled.