Defrost Problem

I have A GE side by side refrige model GSH22KGMC WW that the defrost cycle doesn't work . It frosts up after about every 2 weeks and I manually defrost and all works great. I've looked for a defrost timer and can't find one in the refrige.. I would like to know if the defrost timer is part of the primary circuit board accessed from the back of the refridge? Is the defrost heater and defrost thermostat accesed from the panel at the rear of the freezer compartment? I assume it is probably one of these parts and would like to know how to test which is the problem. Thanks for the help if someone can. Garyf
On Jan 25, 11:58 am, snipped-for-privacy@ssraa.org wrote:

Might try something simple first like vacuuming out all the dust bunnies from the machinery under the bottom of the fridge. If that doesn't work, GE has a pretty good parts/service operation, and of course there's always repairclinic.com and otrher similar sites. Good luck.
Joe
I've looked for a defrost timer

control knobs.
I would like to know if the defrost

timer.
Is the defrost heater and defrost thermostat accesed from

some strange twisting and bending to get at it.
I assume it is

timer, and then check the current draw. Five amps is about right for a defrost heater. If it's not drawing five amps, very often the heater and termination thermostat are replaced together.

Thanks to both of you for replying, it is a relatively new refrige and I've checked everwhere for a mechanical timer, On the main circuit board on the back one of the componts has defrost printed on the circuit board next to a IC component that is about 3/4 x3/4 and I suspect controls the timing. I did find the screen inside the back compartment clogged with dust so I cleaned as suggested by Joe , so we will see if that helps. Thanks again both of you Garyf
On Jan 26, 4:53 am, "Stormin Mormon"

rear of the freezer compartment?CY: Yes, and the freezeer section is usually narrow. Makes for