Deck Stain

I hated scraping my deck between staining jobs so I went with Olympic semi trans. stain and it has been excellent up to now. Wifey has changed the siding / shingle color and now wants the deck color changed - Can another color semi be used? A blue is there now and she wants a light brown. I understand the 1st color will always bleed through?
If I go with a solid oil stain has the scrapping issue gotten better if prepped right?
Thanks
Solid will still peal, there are deck stripper cleaners you powerwash off then you can maybe stay semi transparent
On 30 May 2006 07:43:12 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@nf.sympatico.ca wrote:

If you have used only OB semi-trans in the past, I'd go with either the Cabot or Behr deck stripper followed by a power wash followed by an application of wood brightener followed by a rinse followed by a thorough dry followed by an OB semi trans in the color of your choice. BTDT more times than I'd care to remember. It has yet to fail. If your thought is to go with a solid, the recommended course of action on a previously stained deck would be to use an acrylic primer followed by a solid latex. The new solid latex from Benjamin Moore is really good but, IMO, the procedure outlined produces a superior job. FWIW YMMV