DAMN the EPA

Page 2 of 3

ChairMan's a liberal?
JimT wrote:

Dunno. But if it quacks like a duck... it could be an emu.
In forth:

PKB, and btw, I'm far from being liberal.
In wrote:

where did I call him a name? I said his opinion was stupid, not him, which he still has yet to back up BTW

Where did I say you called him a name? :-)

No wonder our well once used for drinking water and all other potable purpose is now unusable! Too many neighbours buying god knows what and spreading it willy-nilly (even on windy days!!!) on their so called lawns and shrubs!
In the local city there is a well known intersection on which there are, five restaurants and food take outs and a supermarket, where every year the pathetic little strips of grass are gradually covered with those signs, that say, things such as; "Treated with XYZ" and "Do not let your pets or children play on this area". Also "Wash your hands ...... etc.". Mean while traffic is swirling by stirring up the dust/mud which then goes everywhere. And into the food joints.
Seems like the moment someone sees a gnat or a beetle, they reach for a spray can. Of course eventually that poison will/has, get down in the soil and kill worms and other natural organisms! Then nothing much will grow and people will be adding fertilizers ................. And so it goes until everything is artificial and we are beholden to the chemical companies because nothing will grow except their 'Genetically modified' plants and crops. As Shakespeare said 'Lord; what fools these mortals be'!
And then there are the insect varieties that have or are becoming resistant to the chemicals (the strongest, most immune, and therfore able to survive and continue). Super bugs; they don't just exist on the children's Teletoon channel!
BTW The water in said well has also been getting gradually more acid during the last 50 years due to industrial pollution from the heartland of North America; the prevailing winds here blow from that direction. It's also making the ocean (The Atlantic Ocean a quarter of a mile away here) more acidic also. Due to burning stuff like coal and petroleum.
And don't talk about the increasing human world population either!

WELL, WELL, WELL or otherwise?
Quoting from elsewhere on this excellent news group ............................
About hand-washing and human health. BUT SAME ARGUMENTS APPLY TO ANY LIVING SYSTEM, INCLUDING THIS GOD'S EARTH!
Quote: Reading 'bugs' as insects and/or micro organisms!
In bio labs, the way you breed stronger strains of bacteria bugs) is to kill off -almost- all of them. The remaining strong ones will multiply to fill the void. Then repeat the cycle. That's the same thing that many antimicrobials (AND GARDEN CHEMICALS) are doing now.
ALSO... if you use anti-bacterial soap on a regular basis, you deprive your immune system from building it self up on a daily basis learning to kill small amounts of various easy to kill germs,virus...
So instead of having an army of many antibodies ready to fight things off, your immune system is small and weak and has nothing to fight with so it has to try to build itself up for when you are already sick from being exposed to a higher dose of those germs/ virus'.
Antibiotics can make bacteria resistant to other antibiotics also, especially when so many of the antibiotics are closely related. First, once again you deprive your bodies immune system from doing it's job and building itself up, so you are more susceptible to the same germ/ virus in the future.
Also if your dose of antibiotics (ALSO READ GARDEN BUG KILLER!) only killed 99.9 % of the illness (ALSO READ INSECTS), you leave the strongest 0.1%, to multiply. It's a fast type of evolution.
Hmmm. Let's think about that.
On Sun, 11 Apr 2010 06:10:24 -0700 (PDT), terry

It's all those liberals. Just free the people (and corporations are people you know) to do what they want and everything will be fine.

Absolutely. Once you move into some lovely bunkers and quit trying to do any activities outside, the acid rain won't matter.
terry wrote:

I LIKE to talk about the world's population.
1. If you could take everbody who ever lived and stacked them up like cordwood, they would fit in a cubic mile.
2. At the population density of Hong Kong, everybody on the planet would fit in the state of West Virginia (which, some say, would be terrible).

You ain't seen nuttin yet. We got liberal progressive environmentalists in the walls, now. It's gonna get a lot worse.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Bahwaaaa. You lost. Get over it. Bahaaaaaaahaaaa
Aside from a few rich and powerful liberals. The rest of the country lost.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

The rich and powerful, like the Koch brothers, tend to fund ultra right wing causes.

Yeah like that flaming reactionary George Soros and those damn Simon brothers and... Rich people are at least as varied as any other group in their causes.
--
I get off on '57 Chevys
I get off on screamin' guitars
On 4/9/2010 4:54 PM, ChairMan wrote:

Last few years, we've been plagued with ants. Spray of Diazinone around house used to deter them. Now you can't buy it. If someone discovers something else that works, EPA will ban that too.
I think that's the goal, you know. Anything that works, gets banned. Freon, guns, tax cuts.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

You have wet wood somewhere. Fix that, and you won't have ants.