damn that Julie Bove!

Page 8 of 8
Stormin Mormon wrote:

That's a lot of Brunswick stew.
On 10/09/2014 10:28 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Hi Ralph,
I wonder how they would compost? I have heard of road kill being composed.
Also heard that if you leave a dead animal to rot, it keeps his friends away, but I can not verify that.

Sounds like my wife. I put a bowl of home grown Cherry Tomatoes in front of her, turn my back, then turn back looking at the bowl and it is empty. Looking at her, she shows two emotions: guilt and absolute delight. She knows how cute she is and shows no sign of reform.
Your grandson sounds very precious. Have yo gave his a bowl and had him pick his own? He will be addicted to produce the rest of his life.
People don't eat product because it tastes like crap. My wife was never a big produce eater until I started growing it myself. Local grown is pretty good too.
-T

Some of the local produce is good, but some is not so good as it is sent to the local stores to sell. Just have to find the right people selling it.
My grandson will not use a bowl for the cherry tomatoes. He will just eat them as he picks them if you don't watch him. I don't use any pesticides on them, so they should be safe to eat, but we still like to wash them off. Maybe bird poop on them.
I did find out how to cook corn on the cob so it tastes very good. Just pop the ear with shucks and all in the microwave for about 4 minuits per ear. Cut off the end opposit the silk and grab the end with the silk and squeese it out like toothpaste. Better use an oven mitt as it will be very hot. No silk and very good. Butter and season to taste.
On 10/09/2014 03:10 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Hi Ralph,
There is something to be said for the probiotics we get from dirt. But, you have to pick the right dirt. I'd would wash off bird poop too.
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/going-grubby-the-primal-benefits-of-dirt-dust-dishevelment/

Sounds yummy. I can't touch corn, way to high carbs, so I will have to live vicariously though you! -T