Cutting / measuring odd angles for miter cuts

Hoping someone can give me a tip about how to get good cuts for quarter round molding where the angle is greater than 90 degrees. With a normal corner I have no problem cutting the 45 degree angles but I have a wall that has a bend/corner which is more like 135 degrees (just guessing). What is the best technique to get a good miter cut for quarter round in that corner. I have never used a coping saw so I'm hoping there is a simpler way to measure the angle and make the cuts with a miter saw.
Thanks for any advice!
Vic

If you have to do it with a miter the easiest way to do it is to take two pieces of stiff paper, lay them on the two walls at the corner, then draw a line along the edge of the one piece of paper on the other piece. Then divide that angle in half with a compass and straightedge and use that angle to set your miter box.
http://www.mathopenref.com/constbisectangle.html
good luck
nate

Vic-
For molding, the "correct way" for corner joints is a coping saw (but it's one detail of finish work at I'm to lazy to do),
wrt to greater than 90 deg "miter" cuts......use a square cut chunk of 2x4 as a 90 deg block and clamp it too the miter saw fence. Place the 1/4 round against the block and set the saw at 45.
It's a little tricky when the "round" face needs to be against the block.
cheers Bob

Lots of hints & tips here: http://www.compoundmiter.com /
On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 10:29:07 -0800 (PST), Limp Arbor

Inside or outside corner? I've made 22 degree +/- cuts to get around bullnose corner bead.

Even look at the book while at the orange store.

Here is a suggesstion that works: Half of your corner angle is 135/2 = 67-1/2. Use a 1x4 scrap piece of wood and a mitre saw to shape a right traingle jig with a 22-1/2 degree angle (meaning the triangle will have one 90-degree angle, one 22-1/2 angle, and, of course, one 67-1/2 angle). Next, place the jig against the mitre guide with the 22-/12 angle butting at the blade slot, set the blade at zero, and prop the1/4 round against the jig. Viola! You have a 67-1/2 mitered angle. If the corner is not exactly 135 degrees, you may want to adjust the angles of the triangle until you end up with a good fit. Alternatively, you can go to HD and buy a protractor that will allow you to mitre any angle. HTH