Cutting in reverse

This spring I got a new bolens model 760 riding lawnmower and am very satisfied with it except that when I put it in reverse with the blades engaged the engine dies. I assume this is normal. Since I don`t have any kids or pets I would like to be able to cut in reverse. What do I need to do to fix the problem? Thank you for any info Herb
On Sun, 12 May 2013 12:11:59 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Herb Eneva) wrote:

My Sears has a switch position that enables mowing in reverse. The theory is that one uses it when one has to go in reverse. I use it all the time. If there weren't such a position, it would be quickly installed.
On 5/12/2013 12:11 PM, Herb Eneva wrote:

If the ignition key has three positions the one in the middle allows cutting in both directions. Sears brand made by Husqvarna is the one what I have.
John
On 5/12/13 12:11 PM, Herb Eneva wrote:

According to MTD/Bolens web site re Troubleshooting:
"Mower will not cut in reverse" Possible Causes     Corrective Actions Safety switch     It is a safety feature. You must disengage cutting deck             before putting mower in reverse.
Our John Deere has a push button to allow cutting in reverse as needed.
On 5/12/2013 1:12 PM, Retired wrote:

If so I would rule out that brand.
Too bad, I have a Bolens weed eater that I have been trying to kill for years by using way over sized line but it refuses to die once started.
Starting the 2 stroke sucker is the issue and the reason I am trying to find an excuse to replace it. The instructions say prime it with 10 shots which just floods it. Sometimes 3, sometimes 5, sometimes uncountable primes & pulls needed.
But no matter how far I fling the leaky little sucker cause it wont start, it just keeps wackin' those weeds w/ double .095 line.
Sigh, John