Critter digging HUGE holes in my driveway

This is a farm. Some critter is digging HUGE holes in my gravel driveway. The holes are nearly 12 inches in dia., and go down 2 or more feet, then curve off under the drive. The pile of finely pulverised soil around the hole is huge, and spread all the way around the hole. There are more than one of these holes too, and this just started a few weeks ago.

Few other notes, these holes are almost perfectly round. They are dug real quickly too.

Whatever it is, it's got to go..... Trap, gun, livetrap, dynamite, whatever.... (Unless I can put this critter to work digging my fence post holes).

Anyone have any idea what the heck this might be. (This is in Minnesota).

Reply to
Me

Some napalm outta take care of whatever it is.

Reply to
Mistercmk

Raccoons, after moles. A good german shepard will happily eliminate this pest for you.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Ground Hog, try live trap , but dynamite is best , 12 stick, but no driveway left Joke... You can hook up car exaust to a hose, poison, or use maybe small windmills, 2 ft that thump a little . or use Gogpher Bombs , smoke poison bombs, of sodium nitrate Or a 6000 round a minute remote radar controlled 50cal Chain Gun " Mini Gun" for 85000 $us Mini Gun , Tree cutting made afordable. and quick...... Mini Gun , Americas Highway patrols New weapon on Runners. Stop em fast , with the MINI Min Gun , new way for house demolition

Reply to
mark Ransley

Sounds like a gopher or a groundhog to me.

Any of the above -- whatever works. If it's safe to use high-powered rifles in your location, I think some Saturday I'd sit back 75 yards or so with a good varmint gun and watch and wait. Failing that, try baiting a livetrap (a big one) with peanut butter.

LOL -- gotta train him to dig straight first!

Doug Miller

Sounds like a Badger to me

Reply to
James Jones

I'm guessing it's a prairie dog. Picture here:

Tom Miller

Foot diameter hole? Wow, that's huge. You live near a nuclear power plant?

Reply to
Stormin Mormonn

On second thought, with a burrow that big it probably is a badger, as someone else guessed.

Go here:

Tom Miller

He said he's from Minnesota, must be a gopher. If it's a badger he needs to send it back to Wisconsin.

Reply to
C G

Yep, Badger. Mean sumbitches too, so eradication from a distance is recommended.

-- Bill Pounds

Pounds on Wood

I'll agree with ground hog and don't look for just one. They started digging underneath my dads dirt floor garage and he ended up trapping 7 of them. Better start now, the can really do some damage.

Reply to
Sambo145