spider plant guide?

I need a good online spider plant guide.

thanks

chaz

Reply to
chaz

What's wrong with your plants?

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Peter's Guide to Spider Plants:

1 Sunlight: or any other light will do 2 Water: if it looks like the sahara, water it, if it floats out of the pot, drain some off 3 Soil: comes in a bag and says Potting Soil 4 Temperature: above freezing and the boiling point of water

here is some more info for you

peter_may_day

Why?

Do you intend to take your plant with you on a trip down the Colorado river shooting the rapids?

Is your plant going to climb Mt. Everest?

Just call "Guido Get A Guide" and ask for, you guessed it, Guido and he'll get you a guide!

Reply to
Cereus-validus

LOL!!!

Reply to
peter_may_day

".... Is your plant going to climb Mt. Everest?

Just call "Guido Get A Guide" and ask for, you guessed it, Guido and he'll get you a guide!........."

It looks as if you will have to try elsewhere if you are taking it up Everest.

Guido only does Cities

David Hill

or digging dogs, i suggest you do a web search and look up Koehler method of dog training, find somebody nearby, and phone this person. Koehler dealt with this in his first book on dog training, but it would be better to have it explained to you. it is certainly curable!

hermine stover

Reply to
hermine stover

typically dogs dig holes for 2 reasons. 1- to get cool. If they dig a big hole and lay in it, that is probably why. #2 - they are bored. Maybe they need some undivided play time or walking. Crazy, maybe, but when I had one dog he dug all the time. Got a second dog - the digging stopped, guess he was not bored anymore.

Reply to
BoxerDogHouse

Some breeds of dog are known to dig, Beagles come to mind. They hide things. To say a dog can be trained to not dig IMO is an incorrect one, for some dogs it's natural... excessive digging is another thing and I also agree with your statements above as well. Colleen Zone 5 CT

Reply to
GrampysGurl

Great idea! get an animal with natural instincts to dig and then work on training it to not!

How bout we put an e collar on your neck and every time you look at a Sansevieria we give you a jolt!

Reply to
remove munged

I have heard that if you have a digging breed, take the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" approach. Build a low box or get a childs sandbox and fill it with sand, bury favorite toys or treats in it, and soon they'll take to digging THERE instead of your garden. I happen to have a breed (rat terrier) that, by instinct, is a digger as well. I just did a lot of chasing him out of there and positive reinforcement when he listened, but my dog, of course, is the smartest dog alive. :) Lori

Reply to
Stu Pidasso

That's what we did with Natasha, she has an area in the yard where she can dig at will. I have a sign I put out if I have a tour coming through with a cute story about "Natasha's digging garden", it's good for laughs and most people understand. It keeps her out of my beds and from pulling plants from the pond. We also made the pond accessible for her because there is absolutely no keeping her out. I honestly don't think digging or swimming could be beaten out of her lol. She is a Jack Russell mix which adds to her eccentricities. Colleen Zone 5 CT

Reply to
GrampysGurl

How about letting the dog dig a hole, then burying it in the hole?

That'll stop the problem.

Reply to
ook

That was my thought exactly. Short of fencing your garden, the only alternative is helping your poochie dig one last big hole.

Hal

Reply to
hal

I taught my dog to dig in certain areas where it was OK to dig -- it's not too hard, he had a few "favorite" spots. I simply changed where they were by making those off limits and giving him new spots, which basically meant digging alongside him and burying some chews there for him to dig up. I eventually was able to take the wire fences away from the old favorite spots as they were forgotten about.

Reply to
Ally