Tree that won't sap

Can someone suggest a beautiful tree that do not sap, produce no significant fruits ? I need a tree next to my driveway but do not want to have to wash my car every other day. A decidious that turns beautiful color in Fall is preferred.

Any suggestion from you experts out there ? I am in Toronto Canada (zone 5b or 6?) Thanks in advance.

Reply to
JW

Sycamore.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Did you call the cityhall? THey have information available about trees, and I think you can get some for free or at discount

Reply to
Paulo

Hi, are you sure about sycarmore ? Someone told me it is a messy tree.

Reply to
JW

MALE ginko. turns brilliant yellow and all the leaves drop in 1 day. it tolerates pollution incredibly well and is resistant to almost anything. it is from the dawn of evolution of trees. Ingrid

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

I second that. They are very sculptural, too. Pyramid shaped, and the leaves are not too broad, so the sunlight dapples through them beautifully.

Toni

Reply to
Toni from T.O.

Thanks for the suggestion. We have a lot of ginko in the neighbour where I work. I thought they turn orange red in fall instead of yellow, no ? Anyway would did you specify a MALE ? And how do I tell the sex of the tree when I go to the nursery ? I do not always trust the experts at the usual gardening centre that I go to, because they seems to have hired a lot of highschool students lately who pretend to be experts which they are not ....

Reply to
JW

They have very large leaves, but that is only a consideration in the fall. I have several and they don't cause any mess. Their relative the London plane tree (Platanus x acerifolia ) is often used along streets. I've never read about any problems with them causing a mess. You might consider that one. It is very tolerant of pollution and salt.

Reply to
Vox Humana

I guess it depends on location and/or variety. In S. Central Texas they drop leaves constantly and are, indeed, a mess.

Tyler

Reply to
Tyler Hopper