creaking floors

What would be the best way to fix creaking floors? We moved to this Condo in a few months ago and already we can hear the floors and stairs creak.
Thanks for any ideas
J.
A successful repair is usually from underneat the floor. They make some special screws to go thru carpet. They have 2 heads and then you break off the top head so you get the screw deep into the carpet and can't see the head that stays but I've never used them and you'd have to know where the joists were.

Art wrote:

Thanks Art.
Regards.
J.
On 9 Jun 2006 05:26:22 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@spamex.com wrote:

I have creaky floors too. Just haven't gotten around to fixing them. These are the solutions for the different levels of my house.
Kitchen, on first floor, basement unfinished. I plan on having a stack of shims and carpenters glue. With wifey walking around, find squeaky areas, and insert glue covered shim. Lightly putting in shim, so not to bulge floor, and create more squeaks.
Kiddo's Room, second floor, underneath inaccessible. Rug is due to be replaced. When the rug and padding is pulled up, I plan on add a whole bunch of screws to secure down the sub floor. My home builders only used nails.
Other bedrooms, keeping the rugs, underneath inaccessible. I plain on using break off screws. Like this system: http://www.oberry-enterprises.com /
Now these are my plans, maybe they help you find yours.
later,
tom @ www.FindMeShelter.com