Cracked basement walls-Fortress Stabilzation?

Hi, We have a slightly bowed basement wall and a corresponding horizontal crack in the wall. I got an estimate from a guy today selling the Fortress Stablization system. They put carbon fiber strips along the wall to stabilize it. It's supposed to be stronger than steel. Anybody use this process in their house? Thanks, Bill
Sounds like a HACK, Con, get a engineers opinion.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (m Ransley) wrote in message

I agree. I don't see how strips of anything, no matter how strong, that are just attached to the foundation wall are going to hold it back, as there is nothing to keep the strips from just moving with the wall. For the wall to be bowing in to begin with, there has to be significant pressure from the outside. To keep it from moving, either the pressure from outside has to be alleviated, or else you need an opposing force from inside pushing the other way. Strips will be running in the wrong direction to provide the required force.
2 words: Professional Engineer