Basement walls

I had a finished basement until recently. We had water damage so th

basement has been gutted and the water problems fixed. I do not want t replace the walls with sheetrock. I would prefer to smooth out th cinder block wall and paint it. Can anyone suggest what I need to do

-- mamamia1901

Reply to
mamamia1901

Greetings,

If the basement is dry, and will stay dry: One option would be to coat the cinder block with a thin layer of drywall mud and sand smooth. The finished appearence would be exactly the same as drywall.

If the basement is wet, or may become wet: Another option would be to apply a layer of mortar to the wall and hard trowel it. Add pigment to the mortar to colour the wall. For an example of the finished product take a look at this floor:

Hope this helps, William

Reply to
William Deans