Courtesy light stays on

Page 2 of 3
On Sun, 30 Jun 2013 13:31:51 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Oh, you didn't say what I thought you said.
I'm not positive, but I get the impression that for the current version, 6 or 7, free agent is only free for 30 or maybe 60 days.
OTOH, I'm still using version 1.9 which I think is free forever (even though I paid.)
Version 1.9 is probably available at www.oldapps.com .

I prefer XNews. Tried others, but keep going back to XNews.
XNews is free.
--
Tegger

Just as an FYI...there are times when using a reader is not possible. I have to use Google Groups at work because we can not install any software on our corporate imaged machines.
I have a reader on my iPad and on my home PC, but at work I am forced to use GG.
On 06/29/2013 03:32 PM, gary wrote:

not sure if the lights in that work traditionally or if it's all multiplexed and intelligent now... but the first thing that I would check would be to pull the light in question down and see if there is a chafed wire anywhere near it. The old school way to turn the lights on is through a switched ground; it seems odd that they all don't turn on though.
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Gee, thanks for the detailed explanation of the cause.
On Mon, 1 Jul 2013 02:08:15 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

Yeah, it showed real gratitude for the effort we put into this.
On Mon, 1 Jul 2013 02:08:15 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

I think he posted yesterday that the off/doors/on switch for that light was on.
On Monday, July 1, 2013 10:31:13 AM UTC-4, Pat wrote:

I'm not seeing that post.
I see his OP, I see a response to SM related to Google Groups and I see his "Solved!" post.
Since others have commented on his lack of detail also, it appears that either the post you "think" happened didn't make it to a.h.r or it never happened.
On Mon, 1 Jul 2013 07:54:28 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

I don't think so.

I think someone suggested that was the problem, but the OP never said what the problem was or what the solution was. Only the symptoms. Thanks a lot, Gary.
P&M

On Mon, 1 Jul 2013 07:54:28 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

Maybe it was such a simple thing he was embarrassed to post it.

Sorry, I found a used condom stuck in the switch.

Don't tell anybody how it got solved.
--
Tegger

Kinda reminds me of when a guy posted to alt.autos.gm about his Regal stranding him with odd start/stall symptoms. Just so happened a workmate of mine had the exact same issue the week before, with his Bonneville of the same year. Both 3800 super-charged. His mechanic couldn't figure it out and had it towed to a dealer, who fixed it right away. It was some obscure resistor controlling the fuel pump. I posted that, and said I'd ask my workmate to look at his receipt to see what the dealer had fixed - to be sure But I was off sick the next day. So the Regal guy was impatient and emailed me. Then it was all email. It was the resistor and the Regal guy jumped it until he could get the new one. A bit later I got to thinking that the info didn't get where it belonged and where it all started - the public. So I posted it all to alt.autos.gm, removing the guy's email addy. Always makes me feel good to puff up and help. And I've found solutions to my own problems in the newsgroups too. Maybe Gary will post the solution, maybe not. I've got a 2003 Impala, so it might come in handy for me.
On Monday, July 1, 2013 10:09:27 AM UTC-4, Vic Smith wrote:

There's a forum that I hang out in, answering questions on a specific piece of software. I'm not the only one answering questions and often there will be more than one suggestion. Sometimes they will all work, sometimes only one fits the specifc situation. Usually it's only the OP that can determine what's best via their own testing. Under the best of situations, the OP co mes back tells us the final outcome.
Under the worst of situations we'll see multiple suggestions, some which ar e very different from the others, and the OP will come back with a single l ine:
"Thanks! That worked!"
Since the forum does not automatically quote previous posts or show which p ost the OP responded to, we have no idea what "worked".
The "solution" arose from the posts by "The Darling Dufas", "WW" and "Tony Hwang" Thanks, guys!!!!
For simple minded folks, please tell us what that might be. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
The "solution" arose from the posts by "The Darling Dufas", "WW" and "Tony Hwang" Thanks, guys!!!!

Yes, thanking them was something you should have done also, but you needn't make the rest of us hunt for their posts to find out what the solution was. In a 39 post thread its's hard enough for me to do t hat, but even harder for those not using an off-line reader.
And the Dufas says something different from the other two, so we still don't know the answer.
Thanks for nothing.
P&M
Sorry. snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca (not Dufas) was the third responder that provided the solution.
On 7/2/2013 11:40 AM, gary wrote:

Yet once again, you are requiring us to go looking for the answer if we won't to know the root cause.
You could have typed fewer characters by simply telling us in your "Solved!" post what the cause was instead of posting twice with the names of those that provided the solution.
On Tue, 02 Jul 2013 20:03:02 -0400, DerbyDad03

My guess is, his kid turned the light on with the switch and he is afraid to mention how lame it was not to look first. It was mentioned early on, could have been the third post or so.