Mirror losing backing - can I repair this.

I have a mirror that has lost whatever the coating is that is on the back of the mirror that causes it be a mirror. Is there a product available that you can apply to the problem area to make it reflective again?

Thanks

Reply to
johnpower

With modern enviro laws, probably not, but glass company will be happy to send it out somewhere for you. However, unless it is an antique, or has unusual features like bevel edges or etched/chased bas-relief designs, it is usually cheaper to replace it, or if it is in a fancy frame or something, have new mirror glass cut for it. Sheet mirror stock is pretty cheap.

Do a Google/Yellow Pages search on 'resilvering' for your area.

aem sends....

Reply to
ameijers