Cordless phone battery

Hello, Question: If I leave a cordless phone at my cottage over the winter (power is off), will the sustained below freezing temperatures destroy the NiCad battery? If true, are freezing temperatures bad of all types of batteries? Thanks for the help! Doug MacQueen.

Reply to
Doug M.

Can't say it will be good for it but I am sure there are lots of NiCad's in standby outdoor systems from those solar lights to lojack systems for cars so I would not worry too much about the cold. I am not sure how good having it drain to ZERO charge is going to be?

Wayne

Reply to
wayne

Actually, batteries like cold more than hot, as far as the battery itself goes. The myth that cold is tough on them comes from the misunderstanding about starting our cars in freezing temps. The battery is not the problem, it's the tremendously increased load of turning over an engine with thicker oil. I left my cordless at my cabin all winter for years, can't say there was ever any problem as a result of it.

Reply to
I-zheet M'drurz

It will not destroy it. I leave one in a cabin that reaches well below freezing, and it does not hurt it.

--James--

Reply to
James Nipper

Thanks!