Condensation on inside of storm windows.

I recently purchased a fairly new (1993) mobilehome. The storm windows are vertical double-hung aluminum. Since starting to use the furnace, the

*outside* window has begun to accumulate condensation on the inside, between the *inside* window. I'm not sure what's causing this. I thought that maybe my dryer wasn't vented properly, but after verifying that it was, I don't know what to do next. This is happening on all the windows in the house.

What could be causing this? What can I do to prevent it from happening?

All advice and recommendations appreciated.

TIA, Brigitte

Reply to
Brigitte J.

Your "inside" windows are supposed to prevent humid air from contracting the "outside" window glass. Since NOTHING is perfect, there are supposed to be VENT that allow a LITTLE outside air to circulate between the outside and "inside" windows. Make sure these vents are clear.

You can seal the inside windows with an oil/clay mixture that fills the gaps (you remove it in spring to use the windows again).

Reply to
John Gilmer

Did you check your furnace flu also?

Reply to
calhoun

Problem is excessive moisture in the house. Solution is ventilation and air circulation. You could possibly also be experiencing the wicking of ground moisture up through the floor. I'm unfamiliar with moble home construction but know that crawl spaces in conventionally built homes will wick moisture unless sealed with a vapor barrier. Do not introduce additional humidity through the use of a humidier. Control moisture in laundry, kitchen and bath areas through vent fans, use paddle fans to keep the air moving.

Reply to
mike korenchuk

I will add one thing to what the others have suggested.

IF you just recently started the furnace, it may take a few days to dry things out. It should not take more than a few days however.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Check it for what?

Brigitte

Reply to
Brigitte J.

Check your furnace to see its venting and get a Co meter, to be sure its operating properly, burning NG releases water vapor

Reply to
mark Ransley