Condensation inside my double-glazed skylight

I have a Velux skylight that was originally installed when my house was built 17 years ago. I've recently noticed condensation between the panes. Since this is installed in a recess through the attic, and there's nothing but blue sky above it (except when there's clouds), it really has no aesthetic impact. How important is it to fix this? What sorts of problems can I expect?

It will get cloudier as time goes on and it is not going to insulate quite as good since the seal is broken. Unless you get condensation on the inside, it is more of an appearance thing.

Agree. I guess the question is how much of a difference in insulation it makes. Gradually more water will condense in there and humid air will conduct heat better than the inert gas that was there originally, but it may not amount to all that much.
On Jun 21, 1:02?pm, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

unless the water fills the void and freezes. A friend fixes windows and reports that can occur. if your not home and heavy rain snow occurs bad scene.
as part of maintaiing your home its best fixed, or one day you will have a unreal amount of catch up work to do:(

Without looking at it, it sounds like the double pane window seal has failed. The insulation properties it offered now might be comprimised.
tom @ www.URLBee.com