Computers on the way out

Page 5 of 5
On 6/29/2011 9:58 AM, George wrote:

Shrug. Sure, if you throw enough money at it, you can get nice toy with good connectivity. Some of us still cringe at paying $43 a month for low-end DSL. High-end data plan? Ain't gonna happen.
--
aem sends...

On 6/29/2011 6:10 PM, aemeijers wrote:

I have the least expensive published cable modem plan from Comcast at home. I also have the least expensive data plan which is $29.95/month
On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 15:19:39 -0700, Oren wrote:

Air cooled 3.2 ghz quad. O'clocked to 4 ghz per core = 16 ghz. Asus M4A87T-E mobo, the o'clocker's choice. Core and DDR3 3200 sync among other voltage/freq/CAS tweaks make it the clocker's dream.
Linux OS, Never a problem, hard freeze, unexpected reboot etc. I do a lot of video mastering and building to DVD and Blu ray. I breeze through compilations and transcoding at 13x realtime or more depending on the project. Without hardware support and relying upon software codecs what takes now 30 minutes to finish would take several hours on an i5 Intel based Windoze box.

Thanks! I took notes. ;)
nb

A, would appreciate some more tech spec info.
Been a long time since I overclocked anything and am way outta date. If it's linux compatible, count me interested. . At least give me a direction fer AMD info. Looking at the M4A87T line of mobos, now.
nb
--
vi ...the root of evil

On 6/28/2011 5:35 PM, A. Baum wrote:

How does that work out portability wise? Do you have any issues getting it through the TSA checkpoints at the airport?
On 06/28/2011 11:08 AM, Dbdblocker wrote:

Internet browser that is always on? LOL - PC's have had that for a *very* long time. Not to mention a screen that is actually visible for those beyond kiddie/teenage vision, keyboard and mouse to type/browse with and enough horsepower to actually do some work.
You listen to way too much hype dude. Bet your calloused thumbs are the size of Texas.
LMAO, John

I can' make you a great deal on a beautiful computer desk. It has 4 legs.

On 6/28/2011 11:08 PM, Dbdblocker wrote:

Client side: yes Server side: no
--
@~@ You have the right to remain silence.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!

Aw, crap! Why didn't you tell me before I replaced my 10 yr old PC. And why didn't you tell me before I bought SHMBO an iPod 2 for her birthday (in 5 days). You butthead!