code for enclosing gas heater/forced furnace in Ontario??

I was wondering if it were legal to 'box' in (frame studs to the ceiling and put on a door or something) to seal in my gas furnace and air filtration system? I have a woodworking shop that shared space with these components and I would like to isolate them as best as possible. Is it ok to box in these heaters?? hot water tanks and forced air high effic. furnaces?
Thanks. Andrew.

This is Turtle.
I would highly recommend it. Now have a good amount of out door air able to get to the furnace and vert it to spec.s of the furnace.
TURTLE

be sure to leave enough room for replacement purposes around ALL utilities. and allow enough free air space in-between walls and utilities.
it would be advantageous to you to purchase a dust collection system for the shop.

For a furnace, the minimum amount of space is specified by code. I've been told that in Ontario, it's 18 inches on all sides, but I haven't confirmed this. It would be worthwhile verifying this before doing the work.
Mike

Call your gas company first!
There are minimum spacing requirements for walls and minimum size of opening for combustion air supply (over and above the return air ducts).
Seriously bad things can happen if you don't do this right.
[My mother was on a coroner's jury w.r.t. to someone who died due to this sort of thing.]
Gas companies or gas company equipment inspectors should be quite good in advising you on what you can do and what's best. It'll be free too.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est