Clearing a clogged hot melt glue gun

Page 3 of 3
On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 5:07:44 AM UTC-5, Robert Green wrote:

Hello Bobby G., and the other guys posting here. today my Stanley professio nal glue gun stopped up. I fooled with it about ten minutes, boiled water a nd soaked the nozzle, that did nothing. I threw it in the trash. I have an old Craftsman EZ glue gun, I finished my project with that. I hope they(Sea rs) still carry the glue sticks, they are oval instead of round. I noticed the plugged glue gun subject turned to the plugged brain subjec t. Dementia and Alzheimer's, nasty critters. I am 69. I learned several yea rs ago that consuming extra virgin coconut oil, 4TBS daily will stop and re verse that sad condition. Research it, while you can.
On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 5:07:44 AM UTC-5, Robert Green wrote:

On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 5:07:44 AM UTC-5, Robert Green wrote:

<Hello Bobby G., and the other guys posting here. today my Stanley professional glue gun stopped up. I fooled with it about ten minutes, boiled water and soaked the nozzle, that did nothing. I threw it in the trash. I have an old Craftsman EZ glue gun, I finished my project with that. I hope they(Sears) still carry the glue sticks, they are oval instead of round.>
I wrote that four years ago. Where did you find it?
I trashed mine, too and bought three $10 Surebonder units since I now consider glue guns "disposable" tools not worth screwing with when they clog. I also put mine on a sixty minute timer that's plugged into the shoplite outlet so it can't easily get left on for long periods of time. They last about two years under such conditions.
I liked the older unit because it was somewhat portable - the gun didn't have a cord - it had a 110VAC laptop cord type connector at the end of the handle that sat in the base. You could remove it an it retained enough heat to do a small job away from the base - or you could just plug in a cord and use it away from the base. Got some small battery powered glue guns that are OK for little things - they use thin pencil glue sticks. I can't see why Craftsman would use non-standard glue sticks. Seems like proprietary BS meant to force people to buy their sticks.
< I noticed the plugged glue gun subject turned to the plugged brain subject. Dementia and Alzheimer's, nasty critters. I am 69. I learned several years ago that consuming extra virgin coconut oil, 4TBS daily will stop and reverse that sad condition. Research it, while you can.>
After a precipitous decline in cognitive functioning as per my neurologist's tests, I seem to have plateaued and now suffer from *other* aging maladies. Oh well. I use coconut oil in my coffee, BTW - gives it a nice "kick." Maybe that's what stopped the decline. It certainly wasn't all the meds they prescribed which mostly made me nauseated and gave me chest pains. The joys of modern medicine.
--
Bobby G.

On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 5:07:44 AM UTC-5, Robert Green wrote:
Robert Green wrote:

Doesn't that give your coffee sort of an oil slick? I use it instead of olive oil sometimes for frying effs but haven't figured out what else to do with it. It doesn't help that around here coconut 'oil' only resembles oil in August.
On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 5:07:44 AM UTC-5, Robert Green wrote:

I found that isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol will loosen hot glue. If there is a way to put a cotton ball saturated with isopropyl alcohol at the back end of the stuck hot glue and maybe the tip also, the alcohol makes the glue "let go."
On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 02:36:55 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@outlook.com wrote:

On Tuesday, October 26, 2010 at 6:07:44 AM UTC-4, Robert Green wrote:

Aahhhhh! I left on my hotglue gun SINCE SUNDAY IT IS NOW THURSDAY I wont be able to go back to the place it is on until tomorrow evening WHAT WILL I FIND AHHHHHHHH ITS NOT EVEN MINE.