Check your Windows 10 block settings

Page 3 of 5
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Don Y wrote:

Simply put they know more about me than I know about myself, LOL!
On 10/18/2015 4:06 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

They have AN INTEREST in knowing -- you probably *don't*! :>
My MD asks me questions that I'd never think of asking myself. *He* knows how those things correlate with things that he might be looking for.
Similarly, folks thinking of extending credit to me might be interested in how diligently I get annual physicals (i.e., if I don't exercise discipline over my own PHYSICAL HEALTH, I'm probably less likely to exercise discipline over my FISCAL HEALTH!)
Folks always think there has to be some IDENTIFIABLE *reason* for a correlation. Actuaries (and others who make decisions based on probabilities) only care about the fact that a correlation APPEARS to exist -- they don't really care *why* as long as the correlation is statistically reliable!
People who drive white cars tend to have fewer accidents. Is this because white cars are safer? Or, because people who aren't concerned with the color of their car tend to have a more cautious personality? Or, because OTHER drivers can more readily *see* white vehicles (to avoid them)?
<shrug>
Don Y wrote:

(wife's side) always buys/drives white cars. Once I heard from a painter, matching white or ivory black is most difficult.
On 10/18/2015 08:52 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

My current car is arrest me red. Not my favorite color but when I bought it Japan was undergoing a little nuclear meltdown so I took what was on the lot.
My least favorite is that gray that was popular. Fog, or even the mist kicked up on the road when it's raining makes them banish entirely.
On 10/18/2015 10:52 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

Visibility is a factor from what I read. White is very popular in places that get a lot of sun. I'd consider it myself it I was in the hot sunbelt.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Our city fire trucks color was changed to bright yellow but now they changed it back to red.
Roger Blake wrote:

about me but I block all the spams, junk mails. I don't even see any of them. I use card paying in full when I get the bill. I pay the bill on line as well. On small business we have all the payment is done by CC. Lots of points is being collected plus points I collected when I was working which pay for our travels like going to see our grand son in Victoria Island. Been long time since I paid for air line ticket with paper money. Oh, I book flight online too, LOL! At our store cash sale amount is less than 10% of total sales in any day.

I find shopping locally using cash to be easy and convenient. It's what I've always done, I'm not particularly going out of my way or changing anything to do it.
Roger Blake wrote:

To people my age paying in cash is normal, using credit/debit is the weird thing. I'm certainly not the only one, those cash registers are not being kept in service just for my benefit.
What today's young people think of it is really of no interest to me.
Roger Blake wrote:

Old enough to have been paying cash at the butcher shop and the baker when real silver coin was still in general circulation.
Roger Blake wrote:

not mean you're old.

I'm talking about when they were all silver. When's the last time someone paid for something at your establishment with silver dollars? I used to use 'em all the time, they were nothing special.
Roger Blake wrote:

I don't want holes in my pants pockets. Smart phone and CC is all I need.

You wanted to know how old I was - while I'm loathe to provide specific personal information I wanted to give you a ballpark indicator. Another is that I'm old enough to have watched 'I Love Lucy' and 'The Honeymooners' during their original run, on a TV set like this one:
http://www.vintagetvsets.com/images/philcof1.jpg
(I actually still have a set similar to the above, though it needs to be serviced.)
If you want the details of your life to be an open book that is totally up to you. On the other hand, cash is freedom and privacy. I'll be sticking with it.
Roger Blake wrote:

I am guessing I am as old as you are.

Always tough to tell in this medium. I've found most of the smartphone crowd tend to be youngsters but there are always exceptions.
Roger Blake wrote:

Always in my pocket wherever I go, fishing, walking the dog, strolling in the park. In winter I could slip and take a fall, for things like that.