Changing Oil in Snowblower

Gotta use the snowblower for 1st time this year. Haven't had a chance to change the oil since last year.
Bought it last year and used it about 10 to 15 hours.
It's a Sears 9.5hp two-stage unit. Manual recommends changing oil every 25 hours or on a yearly basis.
Can I use it today safely without changing oil right now?
Thanks
Takes about 16 to 20 ounces of oil. If you have the tools, I'd do the oil change. Use a good brand, not the discount store brand of oil. Cost you about a dollar and a half in oil. Isn't it worth it?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn More about Jesus

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

News==----
Newsgroups
=---
Consider a good grade of syn oil. Match the viscosity of course. I converted my truck and generator a year ago, never regretted the decision.
That would be a very good idea for a snow blower as it should help cold weather starts.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Most manufacturers recommend changing the oil after two hours of initial operation to get rid of break in oil. Since you ran it way past that another couple hours wont doo any more damage. Change it while it is hot when your finished.
It would be better to change it at the end of the snow-season. Used oil has contaminents that aren't always that friendly to the insides of the engine. Even if you use it once or twice after that (hey who knows when the last snow fell) that is still better than leaving a full season of old oil in there. Change it when it is hot, drains faster and more oil.

I tend to agree, but there are two problems with this procedure. Human nature, and who knows the date of the last snowfall? ;-)
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
That's why I said; Even if you use it once or twice after that. It's still better this way. HEck, oil is so cheap, you could even replace it near the end of the season, and drain/refill it again when you are sure that the season is over. (without heating it up)
On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 10:39:40 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"