Chain Saw Oil Question

Page 2 of 2

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I thought that was what newspapers were for.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 10 May 2010 23:26:27 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Ron in NY) wrote:

Try 90 weight rear axle oil.
Add pictures here
✖
in NY) wrote:

Are you actually using bar and chain oil, or did you take advice from your neighbor or somebody on line and put motor oil in it instead?
If you're using the correct oil, then, no, that's not normal. It might be adjustable -- see your owner's manual.
Add pictures here
✖
On May 11, 1:16 pm, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

I was surprised today. Neighbor asked me to help him set up and run his new chainsaw - a Woodshark. Showed him the ins and outs of installing the chain, how to start, etc. etc. then we found it would die everytime you let off the trigger. Fooled with that, couldn't get it to idle, then noticed the chain brake was broken on one side. "Take it back, get your money, then buy a real saw" Put it in the box, grabbed my saw and did the little bit of work he had to do. Looked in box and there was a pool of oil in it already.
So, even a new saw can leak ... of course I don't classify a Poulan POS as being a saw.
Harry K
Add pictures here
✖

All my saws leak a bit.