Chain saw brand

I'm still using a walk-behind lawnmower that I bought at Walmart in 1999. Go figure.
On 5/11/2012 4:33 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

but using it as a planter doesn't really count as being a viable machine in it's old age.
--
Steve Barker

I guess I have to spell it out for you, don't I? I'm still using it _to_cut_grass_. And it still starts on the first or second pull.
On 5/12/2012 9:33 AM, Doug Miller wrote:

ohhhhhhhhhhhh... LOL!
--
Steve Barker
On 5/11/2012 5:33 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

That's exceptional! What brand is it?

Yard Machines (MTD) with a Tecumseh engine.
On 05/13/2012 01:40 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

Wow, how many times have you replaced the flywheel key? (of course, it doesn't take long after the first time you've done it...)
nate
--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel
On 5/13/2012 12:43 PM, Nate Nagel wrote:

If the thing is tight to begin with, and you don't hit any solid objects, there's no reason to shear that key.
--
Steve Barker

Twice. Realizing that the most time-consuming part of replacing that key was the trip to a mower shop to buy one, I bought three keys the second time it happened. Five years ago. And I haven't had to replace one since.
There is a certain divine providence, in having spare parts on hand. One is less likely to need them.

Twice. Realizing that the most time-consuming part of replacing that key was the trip to a mower shop to buy one, I bought three keys the second time it happened. Five years ago. And I haven't had to replace one since.
]>

# # There is a certain divine providence, in having spare parts on hand. One is # less likely to need them.
Very much like packing heat. The great majority never even need to draw. (And that includes the police).
On Mon, 14 May 2012 11:02:20 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

Very much like having and "emergency fund" or a couple of hundred $$ in your wallet.
Chain saw brand:

What's really exceptional is that anyone believe that claim.
On Sun, 13 May 2012 12:47:23 -0500, Vinny From NYC

Maybe his lawn is 10' x 20'.

That is our "lawn", and the boss herself uses our push-mower to mow that. It looks something like this: (Amazon.com product link shortened) />/
--
Best regards
Han

But wait, the omnipotent Doug has spoken. Therefore, you must be in error, FOS, and all that. You did not see what you think you saw. You did not experience what you think and said you experienced.
Are you on drugs?
I guess we both are, because my experiences parallel yours.
ALL HAIL DOUG!
Steve
On Fri, 11 May 2012 15:54:23 -0400, MARK O'MARA

I have to disagree. I was given a Homelite chain saw. I used it to cut up a couple of branches and it worked OK one time. After that, I used it to hold down the lid on the trash can in the shop. Since doing that, the lid has never blown off.
Sure spend big bucks for a Stihl if you want, but that Homelite holds the lid down as good as any of the more costly brands.
Want to cut wood? Yeah, I have a Stihl for that.

That is what I love about things. You can choose what you want. Shit or good products.
Steve

You're the expert on the former, apparently. Some day, perhaps you will learn you can get the latter without spending top dollar.
Or perhaps you won't.

Oh, I get stuff at Harbor Freight. And at yard sales. Most of the time, you get what you pay for, and that is particularly true with certain tools and machines.
Whatever gets the work done for you, Doug.
There's a hundred ways to cook a poodle.
Steve