Chain saw brand

That explains how we rate your input

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

"Doug Miller" wrote

Oh, I get stuff at Harbor Freight. And at yard sales. Most of the time, you get what you pay for, and that is particularly true with certain tools and machines.

Whatever gets the work done for you, Doug.

There's a hundred ways to cook a poodle.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

On Fri, 11 May 2012 15:54:23 -0400, MARK O'MARA store. It's all junk, in my experience.

I have to disagree. I was given a Homelite chain saw. I used it to cut up a couple of branches and it worked OK one time. After that, I used it to hold down the lid on the trash can in the shop. Since doing that, the lid has never blown off.

Sure spend big bucks for a Stihl if you want, but that Homelite holds the lid down as good as any of the more costly brands.

Want to cut wood? Yeah, I have a Stihl for that.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

but using it as a planter doesn't really count as being a viable machine in it's old age.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Steve Barker wrote in news:7cydnSqHKLbffTDSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I guess I have to spell it out for you, don't I? I'm still using it _to_cut_grass_. And it still starts on the first or second pull.

Reply to
Doug Miller

_to_cut_grass_. And it still starts on

ohhhhhhhhhhhh... LOL!

Reply to
Steve Barker

That's exceptional! What brand is it?

Reply to
Jack

Jack wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news1.newsguy.com:

Yard Machines (MTD) with a Tecumseh engine.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Wow, how many times have you replaced the flywheel key? (of course, it doesn't take long after the first time you've done it...)

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

On Sun, 13 May 2012 11:28:09 -0400, Jack wrote Re Re: Chain saw brand:

What's really exceptional is that anyone believe that claim.

Reply to
Vinny From NYC

Maybe his lawn is 10' x 20'.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That is our "lawn", and the boss herself uses our push-mower to mow that. It looks something like this:

Han

If the thing is tight to begin with, and you don't hit any solid objects, there's no reason to shear that key.

Reply to
Steve Barker

Nate Nagel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news6.newsguy.com:

Twice. Realizing that the most time-consuming part of replacing that key was the trip to a mower shop to buy one, I bought three keys the second time it happened. Five years ago. And I haven't had to replace one since.

Reply to
Doug Miller

There is a certain divine providence, in having spare parts on hand. One is less likely to need them.

.

Twice. Realizing that the most time-consuming part of replacing that key was the trip to a mower shop to buy one, I bought three keys the second time it happened. Five years ago. And I haven't had to replace one since.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

]>

# # There is a certain divine providence, in having spare parts on hand. One is # less likely to need them.

Very much like packing heat. The great majority never even need to draw. (And that includes the police).

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

Very much like having and "emergency fund" or a couple of hundred $$ in your wallet.

Reply to
krw