Cell phone / home.repair /OT

I'm going to give it a few days in rice, then go to ebay. Seems I can get one for about 1/3 what they want at CellPhonesRUs.

Just wanted to ask before buying something that might be another migraine.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Get the battery out *immediately*, however.

Reply to
krw

Of course!

Reply to
G. Morgan

Go buy a $10 pre-paid AT&T phone in the meantime. Just put your SIM in and it will work.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Here is a place to get phones and accesories cheep. I have ordered a few things from them several years ago.

Ralph Mowery

No phone call needed to ATT. I did this not long ago, not with a prepaid but with a friends old phone. I went online and it knows what phone I am using.

My old phone died due to absence from anger management.

Reply to
Thomas

LTE is the term for the technology of their new 4G network. They just turned it on in our small market two weeks ago. Data is significantly faster with much lower latency than the 3G network.

Reply to
George

Interesting, everyone else is "obsessed" but apparently you aren't although you indicate you need to answer every call. If I am busy I let it go to voice mail. If I am really busy with something important I flip it into airplane mode so the radios are off.

Reply to
George

Steve B wrote the following:

I have Verizon cell phone service. My original phone, a Motorola Razr3 bought from Verizon with the plan, got dropped and damaged. The phone still worked, but the display panel was cracked. Fortunately, my daughter had previously had the same Razr3 before she bought a new upgraded phone and plan, and her old, now unused Razr was still in the house. I just went to the Verizon site and changed my service from my broken phone to her old Razr. No problems changing it, no charge, kept my same phone number, and the change was instantaneous.

Reply to
willshak

Whenever I get a new phone I keep the older one. That way if the new one were to die, I always have one. With Verizon you can get a pretty decent phone for either free or $50 every 2 years. So, I figure if one gets lost or quits, I could just go back to the previous phone until I'm elligible for the upgrade deal again.

Reply to
trader4