ceiling light with lathe

Margaret:
MF> I have a 1924 house with knob & tube wiring in some places. I am MF> having trouble following the single knob & tube wire in my attic after MF> it leaves the ceiling light. It seems to disappear into the attic MF> floor boards 2 feet before it reaches the edge where the top of the MF> wall of the room would be. How do I find this wire? Is there anyway to You can sometimes use a portable AM radio tuned to an empty spot to trace wires. The wire will emit a buzzing noise (whatever is at the end has to be on - in this case the ceiling light).
I've also use a signal injector and radio - in this case the wire was disconnected. Since you probably don't do electronics as a hobby you probably don't have a signal injector handy but perhaps a friend does.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Inherited wealth is an indication money can grow on trees - family trees.
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971